Tuesday 21 August 2012

Thoughts on being published for the second time.


I remember the first time I seen my book “Paradigms” on Amazon, there was certain amount of giddiness about the whole thing. It was the end to a long journey from that first day that I sat in a café and started writing. I guess I thought that with the second novel “Bardo” it would be the same thing. Now I have to admit there is still a certain amount of excitement about the whole thing, but I do feel much more calm, even distant from it this time.

It is not, in itself, a bad thing I think. I know what to expect. I know who to send out copies of my book to when I want to get reviews and I have a good deal of faith in the new publishers marking ability. It gives me a sense of comfort with the whole thing. Similar I suppose to playing a sport for the first time and being a regular - the excitement is less, but the nuances more. 

Do people feel this way about their second child I wonder?

Hopefully this time I'll be able to enjoy the process a bit more. Last time it was rather intense, and while that was quite fun, it might be nice to experience publishing in a much calmer relaxed way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment